Wednesday, May 8, 2013

How 2013 has treated us...

Wow, I can't believe how quickly 2013 is going by. So far, it's been a pretty good year. A lot has happened, but I will try to summarize the last few months the best I can (and with a few pictures!):

Phil started another semester. This week is finals and then only one more semester to go! (Hopefully. He had some really tough classes this semester, so he is nervous about passing them all.)

I attempted to make conversation heart cheesecakes for Phil and our parents for Valentine's Day (with the huge help from my MIL) with a recipe I found on Pinterest. They didn't turn out too bad, but of course not as nice as the ones in the recipe pictures.
 


We celebrated our four-year anniversary in April! I can't believe it's been that long already! We celebrated early by going down to Utah in March and visiting our friends, Chanae and David, in Lehi. We got to see the house they recently purchased (it's so nice, I'm so jealous!) and hang out with little Leah (she's such a cutie).

We then went up to Anniversary Inn in Logan and stayed in the Oriental Gardens room. We LOVED the tub. It was huge and I love that it's red. We also got to hang out with Phil's sister, Stephanie, and her husband, Bryson. That's always fun! 



Phil also recently turned 26. Let's just say he got super spoiled with lots of presents in April.

Other than that, nothing new or exciting has been going on. I was offered a full-time position at Best Buy and am loving the hours. And, of course, I still write for Best Buy Mobile Magazine, which I still love!!!

Baby news:

We have now been off of birth control for 13 months and still haven't gotten any results. It's a bit disheartening, as you can imagine, but I think it's been for the best. For one, I haven't had health insurance, but now that I'm full-time, I actually have that option now, which will help so much when I finally do get pregnant. Also, Phil should graduate school in December, so having a baby will be a lot less stressful for the both of us financially since he should secure a full-time job by the time we do have one. The Lord works on His own timeline, but I hope now that we're a little more prepared that this year will be the year for us!

Plans for the summer:

To kick off our summer, we are going to Orlando!!! I have been wanting to go with Phil ever since we go married, but we never had the money for it. We got a pretty nice tax return check this year, plus I scored an awesome package deal on Priceline, so he finally agreed to it! I am so excited and will report back with lots of pictures in the next couple of weeks.

Other than that, we're just going to be working. Phil applied to 90 internships and has only heard back from 31 of them, so we're not holding our breath. That's okay, everything happens for a reason. We're just going to focus on decluttering our apartment, making our lives as baby ready as possible, and preparing for Phil's last semester. After he graduates, who knows what's going to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment